When painting your home, a smooth and flawless finish isn’t just a matter of good painting technique or the quality of your chosen paint. The correct choice of high quality painting equipment will help you ensure a beautiful, end result.
So you should start your home painting project by purchasing quality painting supplies.
Tools for prep
The importance of careful preparation to achieve a flawless finish should not be underestimated. Here’s what you need to prep like a pro:
- A piece of sandpaper (80-100 grit works well) and a wall filler for smoothing and sanding any holes and unevenness.
- A rag and a bucket of water if the surface is dirty. The surface must be clean, as dust and dirt will mix with the paint, making for an uneven finish.
- A roll of masking tape. Masking tape is the best tool for delineating the area to be painted and for protecting mouldings, light switches and sockets.
- Protective paper, cardboard or newspaper to protect floors and furniture.
- Primer? If you're painting over a previously painted wall, you don't need a separate primer underneath the paint. If you are painting a new, untreated surface for the first time, you should apply a primer under the topcoat.
Tools for painting
All prepped and ready to go? Here's a checklist of the right painting supplies:
- A can or more of Cover Story paint
- A paint roller and a roller tray. Rollers are the best application tools for large surfaces. A longer, fluffy roller will transfer more paint, making the pile patterns more visible on the wall surface. A shorter, lint roller, on the other hand, will give you a smoother finish.
Tip! We've ensured that every roller in our supply kit will give you CS’s rich, signature finish.
- Extension arm. The paint roller extension arm makes your painting faster and easier.
- Brush. When it comes to“brush vs. paint roller”, we always recommend getting both. Paintbrushes make it easy to paint edges and corners, as well as tricky areas such as the back of radiators. With a small roller, you can quickly define mouldings and the boundaries of walls and ceilings.
Tip! Make sure you choose a brush with synthetic fibre bristles for water-based paint. Unlike a natural brush, its bristles don't swell, helping to achieve an even paint job.
Once you've gathered all of the above, you're ready to start your painting project!
Tip! Keep it easy by ordering an EPISODE kit with your paints. We've tested and selected the highest quality painting equipment available, to ensure you get the job done.
First-timer? If you need more tips, read here on how to use painter's tape.